[wxsig] T238(+) 1.16.1 Firmware release

William Beals will at beals5.com
Sat Apr 11 23:56:22 UTC 2009

Folks:

I have just posted the Rev 1.16.1 firmware release on the website
(http://www.beals5.com/wx).

This release is the first one to incorporate support for the new AAG TAI603
weather head.  It also contains some other updates for special WIDEn-n
features that I had never released before.

It has been a long time since I'd done any major coding for the weather
station!  I am the first to admit that I have not done a lot of regression
testing on this release as my station has been down for a while, so unless
you have one of the new weather sensors, I'd hold off on jumping on this
release just yet.  If you do have one of the new weather sensors please do
download it and provide feedback.

Restarting work on this code is my impetus for getting my weather station up
and running again.  Hopefully I can get it up within a week.  After some
more regression testing of my own, I'll let you know how the code is doing
and how stable it is.

Of course, if there are adventurous soles out there who just want to test
the new code for the fun of it and report issues, I'll take that too!

Known issues with this release:
1) If the TAI603 gets unplugged, I don't report errors, I report 0C.  Not
sure how to fix this yet.
2) I did lock up the TAI603 once, but so far only once and unplugging it
fixed it.
3) Other than #1, I have not seen any erroneous data reported, so looking
good.
4) There are a significant number of communication errors logged (see
earlier review)
4a) With some more work, I hope I can reduced the number of errors with
more/smarter retries.

This email sent using 100% recycled electrons.
(Minimum 30% post-consumer content.