[wxsig] T238+ Sensor Setup

Michael Dzado m.dzado at mchsi.com
Sat Feb 28 16:27:52 UTC 2009

I thought I'd chime in since I received a lot of help getting my set on the
air.  I agree that you may have an RJ 11 cable wiring problem.  First make
sure that you wiring is pin to pin.  Most of the preformed cables you
purchase are twisted and will not work.

I found this helpful when isolating and testing my sensors.

Get a DS9097U -009 RJ 11/45 to RS 232 adapter.  This will allow you to
connect your sensor directly to your PC.  Then download the TAI8540A/B Test
Utility from http://www.aagelectronica.com/aag/index.html.  They have
several utilities to test various sensors.

Best of luck, stick with it.

Michael