[wxsig] wxsig Digest, Vol 46, Issue 1

John Bennett jabennett at insightbb.com
Sat Jan 24 17:02:49 UTC 2009

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the note. The first significant amount of frozen precip may
come this next week. We did have about an inch of snow recently, but due
to a temperature variance once it falls below freezing the results were
not conclusive. I have some ideas on how to sort this out. I just need
the time - which I do not really have right now. I am the Chief Engineer
of a local television station and am pretty covered up between the
digital transition, the Sprint-Nextel 2GHz relocation project and the
fact we have to move to a new location by year's end. The manufacturer,
will soon have a new transducer that would be better suited for snow
measurement, so that is another consideration.

Your garage project sounds interesting. Using the MaxBotix EZ1 (same
sensor I am using in the snow depth sensor) and a comparator on the
analog output you could probably come up with a solution in an hour or
two.

Thanks for the info. I will take a look.

73,

John