[wxsig] questions

Clay Jackson clayj at nwlink.com
Fri Mar 6 02:58:18 UTC 2009

Pardon me for jumping in here; but, I'm not sure I get the
"incompatibility" here.  Aren't the 1-wire protocols pretty well
defined?   A friend of mine and I are looking at for a 1-Wire/
OpenTracker II solution for a remote application here in the Puget
Sound area; and this has me concerned.

Also, I'm not sure the Texas Instruments systems are all that good a
deal - from their price list,  it looks to me like a "full" station
(wind, temp, humidity, rain) is pushing $700; for that there are lots
of other options, including Peet, Davis and Oregon Scientific.

Clay
N7QNM