[wxsig] questions

Rich Beckwith rjbeckwith at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 01:22:34 UTC 2009

The original Dallas unit used 1-wire serial number chips (DS2401) to
determine wind direction, the AAG unit used a DS2450 with a  resistors to
determine direction.  I believe both units used the 1-wire counter for the
rain gauge and windspeed.  I was under the impression that the counter chip
was no longer available, thus the need for a re-design.

Rich - wn0x