[wxsig] SOurce for 1-wire sensors these days

John Bennett jabennett at insightbb.com
Mon Nov 16 02:29:47 UTC 2009

OK, a few things to check.

1. Be certain the regulator is installed per the diagram on the
silkscreen. If it's backwards, you will have the problem described. If
this is the case, it needs to be replaced.

2. Be sure the tantalum caps just adjacent to the regulator are
installed correctly. These are polarized. If installed backwards, the
mode is normally to short. This would overload the regulator and cause
the overheating. If this is the cause, the regulator *could* be OK.

3. Check to be certain the ICs are installed correctly. If one is
installed backwards, it could short Vcc causing the regulator to overheat.

Let me know how this goes.