[wxsig] SOurce for 1-wire sensors these days

Will sbm at ottix.net
Mon Nov 16 21:53:38 UTC 2009

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009, William Beals wrote:

> Will:
>
> Hopefully John's suggestions will get the board up and going again.
>
> To your original questions, AAG still does sell most of the sensors they
> used to, they have augmented them with some newer ones that use an RJ-45
> (8-pin) connector.  Right now it is just the wind/temperature sensor.  I've
> added support for it for the T238.

Oh, and don't forget my previous feature request....now what was that
again?  Oh yes, the newer timing iButton.

> I'm trying to set up a "from scratch" weather station for a non-ham friend
> and do plan on getting another of the AAG sensors. The problem I'm running
> in to (and maybe you too) is looking for a rain gauge.  That seems to be the
> missing piece for me.  What weather metrics are you trying to get?

I have all the bits except the very one you mention:  The rain gauge.  At
the time I got the v3 anenometer AAG were sold out of the rain gauge.
Close, yet so far.  I believe someone else mentioned Hobby Boards just
now...