No subject

Wed Nov 18 21:02:00 UTC 2009

The T238 software looks for the DS1994's family ID on power up and if it
finds it, reads the time and sets its local clock to that time. If it does
find it, it displays a message on the screen saying it found a DS1994.  The
only thing you didn't explicitly say was that you powered up the T238 with
the DS1994 installed.  Just plugging it into a T238 that is already running
isn't going to work.  If, even after cycling power, you don't see the DS1994
message, all that is left is some kind of wiring issue and there are only
two wires on a 1-wire device (yes, I know, that doesn't make sense to me
either).  One thing to check is that whatever RJ11 connections you have,
have not swapped ground and the 1-wire signal.

I hope it is something simple!  Let us know.

From: wxsig-bounces at tapr.org [mailto:wxsig-bounces at tapr.org] On Behalf Of
pedrolo2 at pedrolo.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 3:31 PM
To: wxsig at tapr.org
Subject: [wxsig] Ds1994, how to connect?

Hi to all:

Recently I have adquired an ds1994 part from a canadian suplier.

I have programmed it from my PC, and shows the current date, so it
should work properly, but when i attach it to the 238+, and power it
on, nothing happens, I go to "status" menu, and the date and time
values keep on old values.

I just connect center pin (inside one) of ds1994 to the data cable on
1wire bus, and the external to ground.

Am I missing anything?

Am I doing something wrong?

Does the ds1994, need anything else to be interfaced to the 1-wire?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards.

EA5BFT.
Pedrolo.