[wxsig] temperature sensors

John Bennett jabennett at insightbb.com
Tue Apr 27 01:54:45 UTC 2010

Over the years I have used 1-wire temp sensors and found them to be
extremely reliable. Sounds like you may have had a nearby lightning hit
or some other type of surge on the one-wire bus. If it was just the
buried sensor, I would say moisture got into it. The latest design I
have on the soil temp sensors seems to work well and have had zero
problems since then (details can be seen at
http://home.insightbb.com/~n4xi/soiltemp/soiltemp.html ). However since
you had an indoor failure, I would lean in the direction of some sort of
EMP. You mentioned three failures. Where was the third one, or did you
do a two sensor version of the soil temp?

John
n4xi