[wxsig] Ds1994 issue onewire viewer shotscreens

Pedro Motilla pedrolo2 at pedrolo.com
Thu Aug 12 20:29:23 UTC 2010

Hi will, nice to hear from you.

Hope your basement works are going on good track.

Well i can not explain what is going on:

Software is discarded as it is 1.16.1 Version, so it is pretty new.

Contact with the can, i used a wooden clip to hold the wires, now I
holded it on my hand making pressure with fingers.

I measured voltage and it shows 4.95 Volts. so it sounds ok.

Just in case I had changed polarity, I reversed the can, and the station
shows a mistake "1-wire device error or short to ground" (maybe not
exactly this but, quite similar.

So the only thing i can think is a defective can. But, in that case, why
it "looks like" it work on computer program???

Maybe I order a new DS1904 part...

Could the ds1994 use a internal battery for any purpose? could this
battery be runned out??

I do not understand. Thanks for answering Will.

Best regards.

Pedro.