[wxsig] Ds1994 issue onewire viewer shotscreens

William Beals will at beals5.com
Fri Aug 13 04:56:45 UTC 2010

Pedro:

Rev 1.16.1 software does support the DS1994, so I'm running out of ideas.  The fact it works with a PC makes that a pretty hard-to-believe answer.  A reversed polarity usually does give the "shorted to ground" message, so you did have it right the first time.  That also verifies that you are making OK contact by seeing that short!

I went back and looked at your pictures of the 1-wire viewer and something does not look right there, I am expecting a family ID of 0x24 for the DS1994 and I don't see it in the screenshots.  I finally have the 1-wire viewer running on my Win7 machine (long effort!!), so let me go look at a DS1994 to see what I see.  I think this may be an issue or simply that the new viewer software may be doing something I don't understand.  I will look this weekend and let you know.

I have a candidate 1.16.2 software version to support the DS1904, so if you do get a part before I publish it formally, just let me know and I will send it to you.