[wxsig] T238+ Gerbers posted

Pedro Motilla pedrolo2 at pedrolo.com
Sat Nov 13 22:21:49 UTC 2010

That's great¡¡

Hope some people build the T238, is one of my favorite kits, not just
because of building it (building it is just te begining of fun¡¡¡),

now i am working with sensors, and it is much more funny to build from
scratch than to order a kit or a "plug and play" board...

Apart from temperature and Real Clock, I think the next simple sensor is
humidity. I build it.

By the other hand, you have to face with find and order parts, and that
have pros and cons... as far as ds2438 from dallas is becoming hard to
find, y went to ebay and ordered some "ds2438", but those were not REAL
ds2438, but clones... everything works, but "family code" does not
follow Dallas code, so when the 238 is looking for a family code as 10,
it finds a fc "A6", so the unit "thinks" It is not a sensor. The same
happened with RC.

I do not know is some of you guys have had similar problems.

Will, will you lend me a hand? I do not want to stole your time on
"special versions" as you did with RC, that was great, but I understand
that your time is limited... could you explain a little, how can i make
this change, just need to change fc from 10 to A6.

Thanks in advance.

Pedro

EA5BFT.