[wxsig] Wind direction calibration problem

Ted11 tedlists at hullar.com
Fri Jul 22 22:47:23 UTC 2011

Hello all,

After moving it to a new location, I'm in the process of setting up my
weather station, and am running into an old problem.  I have the new AAG
anemometer/wind vane head (WS603).  I cannot get the wind vane direction to
calibrate properly.  I secure the vane pointing north, go through the
software steps, and the display gives me a direction like 113 degrees,
instead of zero.  Calibrate again, it's 257 degrees.   With enough
repetitions, through sheer statistics, I will get a value close to zero, but
it can take a number of tries.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I'm up
to date on the software.  Once the vane has been set to zero at a certain
point, it will reliably indicate zero at that point, so I think the sensors
in the head are working, it just seems like the calibration isn't working.

Thanks for your help.

Ted

K5KZ