[wxsig] T238 5 second "live" vs 5 minute averaged modes and reliability

Rich Beckwith rjbeckwith at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 15:01:44 UTC 2011

I have run my T238 for many years using the "5-min avg  (modem)" mode
and connected via the modem to a radio without any problems.  I have a
data aquisition project I am working on that would benefit from the 5
second live modes, but am having trouble with the T238 locking up
after a few hours.  The lock-ups will ocurr even if the T238 is not
attached to the serial port.  Occassionally I will have garbage
displayed in the T238 window.  The "status" indicator will stop
flashing, usually a steady "on".

Does anyone have experience running any of the 5 second "live" modes
for any length of time?  My preference would be the 5 second Peet
mode.  After switching back to the 5 minute averaged modem mode, all
is well.  I am currently running revision 1.16.1R, but had been
running 1.15.8 previously.

Thanks,

Rich - WN0X (AP006)