[wxsig] How to make T238+ re-run sensor setup

sbm at ottix.net sbm at ottix.net
Fri Jul 5 07:21:57 CDT 2013

Thanks Will,

 	I have checked and it seems the bus is indeed looking good.  When
I first plugged in the sensors, everything came up fine including being
asked about performing sensor setup.  After reloacting (involving shutting
down the power), and powering back up, the T238 would hang about 1.5
heartbeats (according to the blinking LED) into the display showing "One
moment please...".  I backed out, reseting (but not powering down) each
time I removed a suspected sensor and isolated it to one.  Strange how one
which behaved fine now doesn't let the station operate.

BTW, I've duplicated this hang with 2 T238+'s.  I can see why one wouldn't
want to wipe the sensor cache/memory on each power failure as then you
won't have reliable remote operation.  Maybe chalk it up to one bad sensor
interface.

I'll keep trying different combinations and other sensor mixes to see if
it really is that sensor just working only once the first time, then not
subsequent times.

Thanks,