[wxsig] T238+ temp sensor problem

William Beals will at beals5.com
Sun Aug 24 17:08:19 CDT 2014

John:

That is a weird one.  I went back and looked at the code and there is
explicit support for both the 1820 and 18S20, but no 18B20.  In looking at
the 18B20 datasheet,  it has a different family ID (0x28 vs 0x10), so the
T238 will not recognize it unfortunately.

As to why the 18S20 is not recognized when everything else works fine, that
is a head-scratcher.  My only theory I can offer is wiring issues (sure you
checked this twice!) or something really weird like not quite enough voltage
on the line--good enough for other sensors but no the 18S20.  Easy thing to
check is having a solid +5V going to the sensors power pin.