[wxsig] T238+ uprocessor assembler

William Beals will at beals5.com
Sun Nov 23 18:23:59 CST 2014

Scott and Bill:

I did some looking too to see if I could find the install files for the
older assembler and no luck on PE's website anywhere.  The assembler is 100%
6808 assembly and I vaguely recall many years ago trying to make the changes
for it to work on the CodeWarrior assembler, but not finishing it.  The
issue was that while the assembly code was standard, there was some fiddling
having to do with assembler directives that were not the same.

On code size, the final object code is a bit over 16Kbytes.  At that time it
was within the limits of the free packages.

On a historical note: At the time of the project development, only the
assemblers were free, not the C compilers.  Boy have times changed!